Store Tips & Policies: Grocery Stores
- ALDI's weekly ad runs Wednesday through Tuesday.
- ALDI does not accept coupons. However, in my experience, their regular (and especially their sale) prices, are typically at least 50% less than regular grocery store prices.
- Quality, taste and satisfaction are always DOUBLE guaranteed at ALDI. If for any reason, you are not 100% satisfied with any product, they will gladly replace the product AND refund your money. Simply return the item to your nearest ALDI store.
- Bring a Quarter. When shopping at ALDI, you insert a quarter to release a shopping cart. When you return the cart, you get your quarter back.
- Cash and debit cards are accepted. ALDI does not accept credit cards.
- Bring your own bags. Aldi has a counter available for you to use for bagging your own groceries just after check-out. Or, what I typically do, is have my bags (or a laundry basket) in the back of my car...& just unload directly from cart to car.
These policies are subject to change. For more information about shopping at ALDI, visit the "Shop Smarter" section of ALDI's website. To see weekly ALDI deals and/or ALDI shopping trips, click here.
Shopping at Copps & Pick'n Save:
- Copps & Pick'n Save weekly ad (in the Madison area) typically runs Thursday through Wednesday. This does often vary surrounding holidays.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- You are allowed to to stack 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 store coupon for the same item.
- Valid internet printable coupons are accepted (however, they will not accept internet printable coupons for any "free" items, including "buy one get one free" internet coupons).
- Copps is one of the only stores in the Madison area, that doubles manufacturer's coupons. Double coupon days (aka "Double Daze") are currently held on Wednesdays and Saturdays (through Saturday, July 9th, 2011).
- In order for your coupons to double, you must spend $25 in a single transaction, using your Roundy's Rewards card ($25 (based on shelf price) is before tax & after store coupons, but before manufacturer coupons). Manufacturer's coupons that state "do not double" will not be doubled. At the store near me, I haven't had any trouble purchasing Copps gift cards to help meet this $25 minimum, however this may vary store to store.
- You can double up to five manufacturer's coupons (with a value of $1.00 or less) at a time. At the Copps near me, I'm able to split my trip into separate transactions in order to double more than five coupons per shopping trip. However, this may vary by store. If it's a very busy shopping day, in respect for other customers' time, please limit your transactions to two or less.
- On occasion, Copps & Pick'n Save holds "Double Double Daze", when they allow doubling of up to 10 coupons at a time (typically stated in the weekly ad).
- At Copp & Pick'n Save, you can also earn "Fuel Perks" rewards by using your Roundy's reward card when you buy groceries. These rewards add up to help you save significantly on the cost of gas at BP gas stations. See "fuelperks.com" or check in at your store's customer service desk for more information.
These policies are subject to change. I have not seen (or heard of) an official printed Roundy's coupon policy. For more information, check in at your local Copps or Pick'n Save customer service desk. To see weekly Copps & Pick'n Save deals and/or Copps shopping trips, click here.
Shopping at Hy-Vee:
- Hy-Vee's weekly ad (in the Madison area) typically runs Sunday through Saturday. This can vary surrounding holidays.
- Hy-Vee often has special 1 or 2 Day Sales, during which prices on certain items are lower than the rest of the week.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- You may stack one manufacturer's coupon with one Hy-Vee coupon on the same item.
- Coupon values that exceed the price of the item will not be accepted.
- Soft drink container caps will be accepted.
- Valid internet printable coupons are accepted. However, those that involve any kind of "free" product will not be accepted (including "buy one, get one free" offers).
- A store director has the authority to set monetary limitations (for example, $2.50 per coupon) for the acceptance of internet coupons, at the Store Director's store.
- Hy-Vee has "mobile" text coupons available...called Hy-Vee "NOW-WOWs". If you choose to sign up for these mobile coupon text alerts, you can expect to get a deal approx. once per week, which is typically a very good deal, but for a specific day and limited hours. You will receive a "LU#" in a text on your phone that you share with the cashier, to get the deal. These deals can be excellent...but, keep in mind the cost of gas to drive to Hy-Vee for a "special trip", not to mention the "extras" you may be tempted to purchase once you get there. If you weren't planning to drive there at that time, you may actually be spending more in gas money than you're saving with the mobile coupon deal.
These policies are subject to change. For more information, see the Hy-Vee Coupon Policy and/or check with your store's customer service desk. To see weekly Hy-Vee deals and/or Hy-Vee shopping trips, click here.
Shopping at Woodman's Market:
Click HERE to access a PDF of the Woodman's Coupon Acceptance Policy (as of 7/20/11)!
These policies are subject to change. For more information, see the Woodman's Markets website and/or check with your store's customer service desk.
More stores to come!...